Easy Potato Roll Recipe
04/01/2023 Leitura: 1 min
- 1 kilogram of wheat flour (more or less)
- 500 grams of potatoes (English)
- 2 cups (American) of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (soup) of baking powder
- 1 cup (American) of oil
- 1 cup (cottage cheese) of warm milk
- 3 tablespoons (soup) of butter
- 1 tablespoon (soup) of salt
- Cook the potatoes, peel and mash all with a fork. Reserve.
- Place the baking powder in the milk, mix well until dissolved and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, butter, sugar, salt and oil in the blender.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the milk with baking powder, mix with a spoon until well incorporated.
- Add the mashed potatoes little by little and mix.
- Add the wheat flour little by little and knead until the dough is firm and comes off the hands.
- Grease a round form with butter and flour, take a handful of dough, divide into several balls and place in the form, side by side.
- Cover the form and let it rest for 1 hour.
- After this time, brush the egg yolk on top, sprinkle crystal sugar and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Tip: if you want, you can add other ingredients to the dough, such as nuts, raisins or candied fruit. Experiment and create your own version of the potato roll!