- 1 and 1/3 cups granulated sugar (about 250 g) for the caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup water for the caramel sauce
- 7 egg whites for the meringue pudding
- 12 tablespoons granulated sugar for the meringue pudding
- To make the caramel sauce, mix the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a low heat. Do not stir until the sugar has turned a caramel color.
- Line the interior of a central cone mold with the reserved caramel sauce.
- To make the meringue pudding, beat the egg whites in a mixer on low speed until stiff peaks form.
- Increase the mixer speed and gradually add the sugar. Continue beating for about 6 minutes or until the meringue is firm.
- Place the meringue in the caramelized mold, pressing lightly to eliminate air bubbles. Do not fill the mold completely, as the meringue will expand during cooking.
- Bake in a preheated medium oven (180 ºC) in a water bath (using hot water) for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Unmold the pudding while it is still warm and serve at room temperature or chilled.